Sunday, April 30, 2017

Summer Reading Event and Challenge for all my social Media Friends!

and reading Challenge! Please pick a number of books you want to read this summer and keep me posted on twitter @R47R and facebook http://www.Facebook.com/RuthiePople and let me know how you are doing!!!

Welcome to our Best Summer Reads for 2017! I love reading, in fact I love reading so much that I read a book a day in the summer! I know it sounds impossible but yes, I do a lot of reading! All said I want encourage you to take up the great hobby of reading. Even Children's books are great and I read those as well! There is much to be said for being well read. Okay with that.. I want to encourage you to check out my list of Summer Reads below... These are just a few to get us started and I will be adding to this list.. so check back often!!!! If you are a author or Publishing Company - Go ahead and send us your books just put on the envelope Summer Reading (or not) - We only accept paperbacks and hardbacks or audio books. All books will not be returned in exchange for the honest review- all books will be donated locally to family or friends and a local charity in order to help spread the word about your great books! We never sell anything we review! All said please ship to Ruthie Pople 13642 State Route 370
Red Creek, NY 13143. With that Check out this list and Let's get Reading!



Image result    To order your copy go to https://www.amazon.com/Zookeepers-Wife-Story-Tie-Editions/dp/0393354253/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1491843690&sr=8-2&keywords=The+zookeepers+wife



I started getting the bug for WWII stories when I read a book by Corrie Ten Boom The Hiding Place as a kid. Growing up in America as a all german girl, my mom has told me stories of being a child during this horrible season in our World History. She told me once as a child her mom told her she was going to go some place special and for a whole week she was terrified they were going to take her away with all the children. She actually was going to go to a Birthday party for her best friend! Momma also told me how they would have to have all the lights out in the town and how her father and even my Dad as a kid would ride around the town to make sure everyone was inside. My great Uncles 6 all went to fight as Germans from the USA the Nazi's and all miraculously came home.  I absolutely loved this book The Zookeeper's Wife by Diane Ackerman set in Poland during World War II. A true story of when the Nazi's invaded Poland and took over the Zoo. Ruthless to the animals and carrying some away to create the perfect specimen. The Zookeepers hide Jewish people in the Zoo and in the cages. I couldn't put this down. I love reading the courageous stories of how people would help protect the Jewish families during WWII. A wonderful read. I highly recommend this book. I did receive this book for review purposes and no monies were exchanged. 



    If you would like us to do a product or book review for you it is Free and a great way to get your brand name out there. Please email us at PopleBackyardFarm@gmail.com






Image result for Home on the Range by Ruth Logan Herne   To order your copy click here


Wow! First of all let me tell you that this wasn't your typical romance book. Nick is recovering along with his family from a divorce that bleeds over into his children and extended family. A child of divorced parents he struggles with how his Dad raised him. Still living in the past along with his oldest daughter, Cheyenne. Cheyenne is having problems all around - her attitude towards her younger sibling. her school work , and she is trying to do things such as keeping a tidy house (at 9!) just in case Mom comes home. On the other side of the upcoming romance is Dr. Elsa she bailed out of life and moved into the woods away from life living like a hermit. Nick ends up reluctantly taking his daughter to Dr. Elsa and from there romance blooms - (No spoilers!) I loved how the story shared a lot from the man's point of view and also I felt that the "Doctor advice" and thoughts were a wonderful addition. My favorite was when the daughter had a bad report card and how Elsa handled it! A great book for anyone "STUCK " in a pit and can't move forward.. healing and the journey from stuck to freedom. A beautiful christian theme playing in the background. I absolutely love this book and highly recommend this for all. 5 out of 5 stars. I did receive this book for review purposes and no monies were exchanged. 



   Have a product you would like us to review? It is Free and a great way to get your brand name out there email us at PopleBackyardFarm@gmail.com


Nowhere To Lay My Head: The True Story of a Homeless Dad by [Daliessio, Craig]     To order your copy click here




If you think you would never be homeless you may want to think again after reading Nowhere to Lay My head by Craig Daliessio. Craig lost everything in 90 days his business and home, etc.. He had to choices to make and in order to be near his daughter he ended up being homeless. This gives a upfront and personal look into the life of a every day man on his journey out of homelessness and the very real candid thoughts of man struggling to put his life back together again. He shares how every day is a Monday waking up to the blues. Putting out resumes in the midst of his situation and even of having a church get together and the being handing the offering and after having the men offering business cards to help him out and praying for him in need of gas and food. Stories of walking through the park tears and pain. A moving story I believe you will enjoy. This is a book that will draw you in and you won't be able to put it down. A wonderful book to purchase too for your church library to encourage and education others. I did receive this book for review purposes and no monies were exchanged. 


       Do you have a book or product you would like us to review? It is free and a great way to get your name brand out there. Email us at PoplebackyardFarm@gmail.com





No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.